Read The book of James.
Don’t read it all at once; you miss stuff when you browse through it.
Take some time, soak it in, chew on it, eat it up, and then have some leftovers.
Over the last week I have been reading James and really trying to take it in. There is so much truth spoken in that one book.
No fluff, just facts and truth.
I could tell you all about what I thought while reading James, but I think I would rather just share some verse that really stuck out to me. I encourage you to read James this week, but just know that it will be convicting.
Here are some great verses
– 1:22 “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says”
– 2:17 “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action is dead.”
– 3:1 “Not many of you should presume to become teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly”
– 3:6 “The tongue is a fire, a word of evil among the parts of the body “
– 3:17 “But wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure: then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, fill of mercy, and good fruit, impartial and sincere.”
4:6 “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. “
4:17 “Anyone who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.”
I could keep going, but I think you can get the picture. James is really shaping and re-shaping who I am, and who I need to be.
I am excited to tackle 1 & 2 Peter next!
What are you reading??